Sunday, August 16, 2020

My soul is full

 the past few months have been difficult. the loss, anxiety and frustration is sometimes overwhelming. i have never felt the weight of the world as much as i have in the last several months. so much pain, so much injustice, so much uncertainty...

 none of the outside forces changed today but I held the hand of a three year old (wore my mask and he wore his) and we walked. we talked about sticks and driveways, we talked about flowers and trees with faces. we talked about all of the nicknames he has from various family members and we walked...a long way. IT WAS GLORIOUS! I gave him a big bear hug then he went home and I came inside and washed my hands. 

 the injustice is still there, the weight of it is still heavy, i still don't have certainty about what's going to happen next but wow! it's worth trudging through all of it to look at his big beautiful eyes, to hear his sweet voice and to hold his precious hand. 

I love you, bubby! Thanks for helping me see the world through your eyes today. 

No comments: